Proxy Server: Local Area Networks (LAN)
Check your LAN proxy server settings:
- Go to Internet Explorer and select Tools>>Options>>Connections
- Click the LAN Settings button (under Local Area Network settings)
- Is the box under Proxy Server checked?
Some readers have reported that the problem disappeared when they amended their proxy server selection:
- Un-check the Proxy Server box: (Use a proxy server for your LAN )
- Ensure that the Automatically detect settings box is checked.
- Attempt to connect with Incredible Charts.
- If the test is successful, consider leaving
the settings as they are
(provided that other software is not affected).
- If the test is
unsuccessful, re-check the Proxy Server box
and contact your ISP to confirm that your proxy server settings are correct.
A LAN firewall normally prompts for a Username and Password before allowing access the internet.
- A firewall cannot be bypassed. Your administrator will need to
create firewall permission.
Remove all reference on your computer to:
from the proxy bypass / exceptions. See LAN settings above.