Dial-up Connections: Slow Download Speeds
Try the following steps to improve download speeds:
- Disable any ad-blocking or content filtering software or configure it to allow Incredible Charts connection to the Internet.
- Hide advertising
Select View >> Advanced Options >> Hide Top Advert and Hide Right Buttons
- Remove Price Ratio and/or Price Comparison
(they load a second stock or index)
- Test at an off-peak time, like early morning
(some service providers try to squeeze too many customers through the same bandwidth)
- Select Time Period >> Chart 3 Years
Data. Data files will only contain the last 3 years data and will load faster than the complete data history of
10 years or more. Chart time periods less than 3 years are not affected.
- File sizes are 10 to 20 Kb for 3 years data; 20 to 50 Kb for complete
and 50 to 100 Kb (e.g. S&P 500) for indices.
- File sizes are 10 to 20 Kb for 3 years data; 20 to 50 Kb for complete data;
- Consider broadband (if available):
- 10 years of data should take no longer than 3 seconds;
- 3 years should take no longer than 2 seconds.
- If your times are still slow, please send your debug files for analysis.