Getting Started with Incredible Charts
Incredible Charts offers two services:
- a Free Service with delayed end-of-day data suitable for students and weekend browsers; and
- a Premium Service with more frequent updates and premium indicators and stock screen filters.
Both services are accessed through the Incredible Charts Pro software.
A 30-day Free Trial of the Premium Service will automatically activate when you install the Incredible Charts software for the first time. After your Trial, you can subscribe to continue the Premium Service, or use the Free Service.
There are no lengthy data downloads. Data is fetched directly from our online database when you select a stock symbol.
- Select an Exchange on the toolbar
- Enter the security symbol
- Click Load Security or hit the Enter key.
For alternate methods to find a stock, see Select/Find a Stock.
You can use the toolbar below, or the View menu, to select chart type, chart interval and price scale.
The chart type sets the line or bar presentation. There are five basic chart types available:
- Close plots a single line representing closing price
- OHLC uses bar charts with Open High Low and Close to reflect price performance
- Candlesticks highlight the relationship between opening and closing prices
- Equivolume combines price and volume information to confirm price movements
- Point And Figure focuses on price movements to identify support, resistance & chart patterns
See Chart Types for further details.
The chart interval sets the period covered by each bar. Intervals range from 1-minute bars to annual bars. See Chart Intervals for further details.
The price scale sets the price axis to log or normal (linear) scale. See Logarithmic and Normal Scale for further details.
To change the chart time frame, select Display Period on the main menu.