Getting Started: Working with Projects
A project is a file that contains its own:
- captions; and
- chart format.
Projects do not contain price data which is stored separately.
Separate projects enable you to customize charts for specific purposes:
- More than one trading system;
- Groups of indicators;
- Daily, weekly and monthly studies with default time periods and chart intervals; and/or
- Sectors or industry groups with their own indices.
No, some users are content to use the Default project alone. Incredible Charts always opens with the Default project file; if you do not want to use projects do not open another project. This allows the program to 'remember' your settings, views and trendlines between sessions.
Incredible Charts always opens with the Default project file. To open a different project, select a recently used project from the bar below the charts:
To display the full list of projects, use the button, or File >> Open Project.
To create a new project:
- Select File >> New Project on the chart menu
- Enter a new name and click OK
- Then customise your project as required
We have also [pre-loaded] a number of indicator studies in the project menu.
Customise your project by setting Project Defaults [F6], adjusting the Chart Format, and adding indicators. Use the Indicator Panel to add indicators, and the Format Charts menu to set a specific color scheme, font size, grid or indicator width. To set Project Defaults:
- Open the project and set your chart as you want it to display;
- View >> Project Defaults [F6] opens the Options window
- Leave Default Security unless the project is intended for a specific stock or index
- Set Time Period, Chart Interval, Price Scale and Chart Type to Use Current...
- Click OK