- ADXADX is part of the Directional Movement System developed by J. Welles Wilder. It is used to warn of trend changes and to identify whether a stock is trending or ranging.
- Elder Ray IndexDeveloped by Dr Alexander Elder, the Elder-Ray indicator measures buying and selling pressure in the market and is often used as part of the Triple Screen trading system.
- Ichimoku CloudIchimoku Cloud is a complete trend trading system, combining leading and lagging averages with traditional candlestick charts.
- Mass IndexDonald Dorsey's Mass Index predicts trend reversals by comparing trading range over a 9 day period.
- MomentumMomentum measures trend strength and identifies likely reversal points: on divergences or when Momentum crosses the overbought/oversold line.
- Negative VolumeNorman Fosback uses Negative Volume Index (NVI) with Positive Volume Index (PVI) to identify bull markets.
- Positive VolumeIntroduced by Norman Fosback, Positive Volume Index identifies bull and bear markets by measuring activity on days when volume is higher.
- Rate Of Change (Price)A refinement of Momentum, Rate of Change is designed to fluctuate as a percentage around the zero line.
- Relative Strength Index (RSI)Developed by Welles Wilder, RSI (Relative Strength Index) is a popular momentum oscillator that compares upward and downward movements in closing price.
- Slow StochasticThe Slow Stochastic Oscillator provides more reliable signals than the original indicator, applying further smoothing to reduce volatility and improve accuracy.
- Smoothed Rate of Change (SROC)Smoothed Rate of Change (SROC), introduced by Fred G Schutzman in 1991, gives slower but more accurate signals than other momentum oscillators.
- Stochastic OscillatorThe Stochastic Oscillator tracks market momentum and provides excellent entry and exit signals from crossover of %K and %D lines or overbought/oversold levels.
- TRIX IndicatorDesigned for trading trends, TRIX uses a triple-smoothed moving average to eliminate cycles shorter than the indicator period.
- Twiggs Momentum OscillatorTwiggs Momentum Oscillator is a smoothed version of the Rate Of Change oscillator. Its primary purpose is to identify fast trending stocks.
- Vertical Horizontal Filter (VHF)Adam White's Vertical Horizontal Filter (VHF) identifies trending and ranging markets.
- Williams %RWilliams %R is similar to Stochastic %K. Entry signals are taken on divergences, failure swings or crossover of the overbought/oversold level.
- Williams Accumulate DistributeLarry Williams highlights accumulation and distribution by comparing daily trading ranges. Signals are taken on divergences.
- Twiggs Smoothed MomentumTwiggs Smoothed Momentum is a smoothed version of the proprietary Twiggs Momentum oscillator. Its purpose is to provide a slower, less erratic signal for following long-term trends.
- Chande Momentum OscillatorChande Momentum Oscillator uses Overbought and Oversold levels, as well as Divergences, to identify reversals.
- Ultimate OscillatorLarry Williams' Ultimate Oscillator uses three time frames in order to minimize false signals.
- Stochastic RSI Stochastic RSI was designed by Tushar Chande and Stanley Kroll to generate more Overbought and Oversold signals than Welles Wilder's original Relative Strength oscillator.
- Bollinger BandsBollinger Band filters are calculated using exponential moving averages. Values are compared to Bollinger Bands at 1.0 standard deviation above and below the selected moving average.
Manage Your Market Risk
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of the global economy will help you identify market risk and improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.