- Aroon OscillatorThe Aroon Oscillator was developed by Tushar Chande to identify the start of a new trend and measure trend strength.
- Coppock IndicatorEdwin Coppock designed this oscillator with one sole purpose: to identify the commencement of bull markets.
- Directional MovementWelles Wilder's Directional Movement is one of few indicators that not only provides trend signals but indicates whether a trend is suitable to trade.
- Donchian ChannelsRichard Donchian's Channels are used in a number of trading systems to identify entry and exit points in trends.
- Ichimoku CloudIchimoku Cloud is a complete trend trading system, combining leading and lagging averages with traditional candlestick charts.
- KST IndicatorMartin Pring's KST Indicator identifies major trend changes when KST crosses its signal line.
- Linear Regression IndicatorThe Linear Regression Indicator is used for trend identification and trend following in a similar fashion to moving averages, but reacts faster than an MA to trend changes.
- Moving AverageThe Moving Average smooths price data to create a powerful measure of trend direction. Simple, weighted and exponential moving averages are most popular.
- Multiple Moving AveragesDaryl Guppy introduced multiple moving averages to measure trends and identify likely reversals. The indicator compares multiple short-term and long-term exponential moving averages.
- Parabolic SARDeveloped by J. Welles Wilder, the Parabolic SAR indicator provides excellent short/medium-term entry and exit points in trending markets.
- Rainbow 3D Moving AveragesIvan Ballin's colorful variation of Daryl Guppy's Multiple Moving Averages.
- Bollinger %bBollinger %b is used to signal subtle entry and exit opportunities that may be overlooked in a trend.
- Aroon Oscillator
Manage Your Market Risk
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of the global economy will help you identify market risk and improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.