Indicators A ~ C
- Accumulation DistributionAccumulation Distribution tracks the relationship between price and volume and acts as a leading indicator of price movements. The strongest signals are divergences.
- ADXADX is part of the Directional Movement System developed by J. Welles Wilder. It is used to warn of trend changes and to identify whether a stock is trending or ranging.
- Aroon OscillatorThe Aroon Oscillator was developed by Tushar Chande to identify the start of a new trend and measure trend strength.
- ATR BandsAverage True Range (ATR) Bands are used to signal exits in a similar fashion to ATR Trailing stops, but without the stop-and-reverse (SAR) of trailing stops.
- ATR Trailing StopsATR Trailing Stops are primarily used to protect capital and lock in profits on individual trades but they can also be used, in conjunction with a trend filter, to signal entries.
- Average True RangeAverage True Range are used to measure commitment. Expanding ranges signal increased eagerness and contracting ranges, a loss of enthusiasm.
- Bollinger BandsBollinger Bands? are powerful signals. Here are two great strategies, for Bollinger Band Squeezes and Bollinger Band Trends.
- Chaikin Money FlowDeveloped by Marc Chaikin, the Chaikin Money Flow indicator often warns of breakouts and provides useful trend confirmation.
- Chaikin OscillatorMarc Chaikin's oscillator monitors the flow of money in and out of the market.
- Chaikin VolatilityDeveloped by Marc Chaikin. Look for sharp increases in volatility prior to market tops and bottoms, followed by low volatility as the market loses interest.
- Chandelier ExitsChuck LeBeau's Chandelier Exits are primarily used as a stop loss mechanism to time exits from a trending market.
- Commodity Channel IndexDonald Lambert's Commodity Channel Index (CCI) highlights overbought and oversold markets and likely turning points.
- Compare PricesCompare stock and/or index prices. Overlays can be plotted unadjusted, or to intercept on a selected date.
- Coppock IndicatorEdwin Coppock designed this oscillator with one sole purpose: to identify the commencement of bull markets.
- Chande Momentum OscillatorChande Momentum Oscillator uses Overbought and Oversold levels, as well as Divergences, to identify reversals.
- Choppiness IndexThe Choppiness Index is a volatility indicator developed by Australian commodity trader Bill Dreiss to indicate whether a market is trending or ranging.
- Candlestick PatternsCandlestick chart patterns are able to highlight trend weakness and reversal signals that may not be apparent on a normal bar chart.
- Bollinger %bBollinger %b is used to signal subtle entry and exit opportunities that may be overlooked in a trend.
- Bollinger Band WidthBollinger's Bandwidth Indicator is used to warn of changes in volatility. A squeeze, where the bands converge into a narrow neck, often precedes a sharp price rise or fall.
- Accumulation Distribution
Manage Your Market Risk
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of global markets will help you identify market risk & improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.