The volume filter is used to filter out stocks which show insufficient activity (ie. stocks with low liquidity):
- The Minimum field represents volume (in number of shares), so 1 million should be entered as "1000000".
- Do not use commas or decimals.
- Negative numbers are not permitted.
Active or Reactive?
Many investors follow active strategies but end up being reactive, rotating in and out of stocks at the wrong time.
Colin Twiggs' free weekly review of macro-economic & technical indicators will help you identify market risk and improve your timing.
- Minimum Value
Volume moving average must not be less than the amount specified.
- Volume Moving Average (Days)
Select either 20-day or 100-day exponential moving average of volume.
To Set the Volume Filter Screen:
- Select the Volume filter
- Then select the Filter filter
- Choose a Volume Moving Average by selecting the day value from the drop down menu
- Enter a minimum value share amount (e.g. 1000000)
- Click on the Add button to add the filter.