- Average True RangeAverage True Range are used to measure commitment. Expanding ranges signal increased eagerness and contracting ranges, a loss of enthusiasm.
- Bollinger BandsBollinger Bands® are used to confirm trading signals from momentum or trend indicators. Bands widen when prices are volatile and contract when they consolidate.
- Chaikin VolatilityDeveloped by Marc Chaikin. Look for sharp increases in volatility prior to market tops and bottoms, followed by low volatility as the market loses interest.
- True RangeWelles Wilder's True Range adjusts the normal High - Low daily range when there is an opening gap.
- VolatilityVolatility is a statistical measure of risk called the coefficient of variation.
- Volatility RatioJack Schwager, in his book Schwager on Futures, uses the Volatility Ratio to identify wide-ranging days.
- Twiggs VolatilityTwiggs Volatility is a proprietary volatility indicator used to flag elevated market risk.
- Choppiness IndexThe Choppiness Index is a volatility indicator developed by Australian commodity trader Bill Dreiss to indicate whether a market is trending or ranging.
- Average True Range