- Average True RangeAverage True Range are used to measure commitment. Expanding ranges signal increased eagerness and contracting ranges, a loss of enthusiasm.
- Bollinger BandsBollinger Bands? are powerful signals. Here are two great strategies, for Bollinger Band Squeezes and Bollinger Band Trends.
- Chaikin VolatilityDeveloped by Marc Chaikin. Look for sharp increases in volatility prior to market tops and bottoms, followed by low volatility as the market loses interest.
- True RangeWelles Wilder's True Range adjusts the normal High - Low daily range when there is an opening gap.
- VolatilityVolatility is a statistical measure of risk called the coefficient of variation.
- Volatility RatioJack Schwager, in his book Schwager on Futures, uses the Volatility Ratio to identify wide-ranging days.
- Twiggs VolatilityTwiggs Volatility is a proprietary volatility indicator used to flag elevated market risk.
- Choppiness IndexThe Choppiness Index is a volatility indicator developed by Australian commodity trader Bill Dreiss to indicate whether a market is trending or ranging.
- Bollinger Band WidthBollinger's Bandwidth Indicator is used to warn of changes in volatility. A squeeze, where the bands converge into a narrow neck, often precedes a sharp price rise or fall.
- Average True Range
Improve Your Market Timing
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of the global economy will help you identify market risk and improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.