Projects: Default, Add or Delete
Chart and indicator settings, plus trendlines and captions, are automatically saved to the open project file for later recall. There are also a number of pre-set project files, in [square brackets] with examples of typical trading systems.
The charting application always opens with the Default project file. If you only use one trading system, we suggest that you use the default file. Settings and trendlines are automatically saved to the file as you add them.
To create a new file:
- Select File >> New Project. A dialog box appears.
- Enter a name for the new project.
- Click OK.
- Then add indicators as required.
This command enables you to easily switch between different groups of pre-saved settings. To open an existing file:
- Select File >> Open Project. A list of all existing projects appears.
- Select the Project that you want.
If you vary the settings for an existing project, it is advisable to first save your existing settings under a new name or backup your projects to a removable disk. You can then recall them later.
To save an existing project under a new name:
- Open the existing project.
- Select File >> Save Project As. A dialog box appears.
- Enter a new name for the project.
- Click OK.
To delete a project that you no longer require:
- Select File Delete Project. A list of all existing projects appears.
- Select the Project that you want to delete.
- Click Yes at the prompt.
Next: Project Tabs