Incredible Charts OHLC bars are colored according to whether the Close is higher or lower than the previous Close:
- Blueif today's close is higher than the previous close;
- Red if today's close is lower than the previous close;
- The same as the previous day, if today's close is equal to the previous close.
Improve Your Market Timing
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of global markets will help you identify market risk & improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.
Candlestick colors are determined by comparing the Open to the Close:
- Blue if the close is higher than the open - the mid-section is hollow or shaded blue/green;
- Red if the open is higher than the close - the mid-section is filled in or shaded red;
- The same as the previous day, if the open is equal to the close.
Equivolume bars are colored (by default) in the same way as candlesticks.
This can be amended to the old (OHLC) format. See Trading Guide: Equivolume for further details.
Active or Reactive?
Many investors follow active strategies but end up being reactive, rotating in and out of stocks at the wrong time.
Colin Twiggs' free weekly review of global markets will help you identify market risk and improve your timing.
To amend the color of the up bars (normally blue or green):
- Open the Legend
- Click the color button next to the security name
- Amend the color
To change the color of down bars (normally red):
- Select Format Charts >> Colors
- Click the color button in front of Candle Down Color
- Select a new color.