Editing Chart Images (with MS Paint)
Members of the Chart Forum are requested not to post images with the names or links to other software.
Use a simple graphics program such as MS Paint to edit saved images.
Improve Your Market Timing
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of the global economy will help you identify market risk and improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.
The program is standard with Microsoft Windows:
- Go to Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Paint
To open an image:
- Use File >> Open
To remove text:
- Select the Rectangle in the left toolbar 
- Select rectangle type 
- Check that the border color  is black or gray
- Drag the rectangle over the text
- Use the Color Select/Color Fill commands (see below) to match the rectangle color to its background.
You can also use the Eraser to remove text:
- Select the Eraser in the left toolbar 
- Set the size at 
To fill a blank (deleted) space with color:
- Use the Color Select  to select a color
- Use the Color Fill command  to fill color.
To crop an image to the correct size:
- Drag the buttons  and , at the center of each border, until they are flush with the edge of the chart
- Use Image >> Attributes to adjust the width to 650 and height to 600, if the image is larger than your screen.
To save the image:
- Select File >> Save As
- Enter a name
- Select PNG as the image type (in place of the default BMP).