The volume filter is used to filter out stocks which show insufficient activity (ie. stocks with low liquidity):
- The Minimum field represents volume (in number of shares), so 1 million should be entered as "1000000".
- Do not use commas or decimals.
- Negative numbers are not permitted.
Manage Your Market Risk
Colin Twiggs' weekly review of the global economy will help you identify market risk and improve your timing.
Join our free Trading Diary mailing list with over 140,000 subscribers.
- Minimum Value
Volume moving average must not be less than the amount specified.
- Volume Moving Average (Days)
Select either 20-day or 100-day exponential moving average of volume.
To Set the Volume Filter Screen:
- Select the Volume filter
- Then select the Filter filter
- Choose a Volume Moving Average by selecting the day value from the drop down menu
- Enter a minimum value share amount (e.g. 1000000)
- Click on the Add button to add the filter.