Zone Alarm Firewall
- Installing Incredible Charts
- Manually Creating Permission to Access the Internet
- Disable/Remove Zone Alarm
- Zone Alarm Free Trial Expired
- Incredible Charts Updates
- Adding Incredible Charts to the Programs List
When you install Incredible Charts, you should receive an alert similar to the one below.
- Check the box alongside Remember this setting
- Then click the Allow button.
If you do not receive a New Program alert, or have blocked Incredible Charts by mistake, you will need to adjust your existing settings:
- Select Program Control >> Programs
- In the Programs column, select Incredible Charts
- Select Allow from the shortcut menu.
If you do not receive an alert (when installing Incredible Charts) you may need to temporarily disable your firewall in order to install Incredible Charts:
- Select Overview >> Preferences
- In the General area, clear the check box Load Zone Alarm/Zone Labs
security Software at startup.
A warning dialog box appears
- Click Allow
- Restart your computer and try to connect to Incredible Charts
- Remember to reverse these settings when installation is completed
|A member reported the following experience: The problem all along was the dormant version of Zone Alarm Pro. My free trial has expired, but the software was sitting idly by, supposedly not active. However, there seems to be a blocking mechanism in the dormant state which would not allow the update to the latest version of IC. I uninstalled ZA Pro, and voila - all systems restored.|
To uninstall the program:
- Do not use the Windows Add/Remove Programs utility
- Rather, from the Start menu, select Programs >> Zone Alarm (or Zone Labs)
- Then select Uninstall
You may receive a similar alert when Incredible Charts updates to a new
You will need to permit the new version to connect to the Internet in a similar fashion to the old.
If Incredible Charts is not in the Programs column:
Select Program Control >> Programs,
then click Add.
The Add Program dialog appears.
Locate the program you want to add, then click Open.
Be sure to select incrediblecharts.exe.
If you wish to customize your firewall settings, you will need to create permission for outgoing TCP connection to the following addresses: